Software development could be a team activity currently over ever. after you admit groups, what ar the key objects that return to mind? First and foremost is that the straightforward notion of a project. Not project within the Visual Studio answer sense of the word, however rather a collection of people with shared goals to be achieved during a desired time. Team Foundation Server calls this a team project
TFS(Team Foundation Server ) is built using Windows Communication Foundation web services.With Team Foundation Server, you can create new team projects quickly without having to do hours or days of setup work in various tools using various techniques.
TFS provides an integrated set of options that you simply access through your applications programme or a supported IDE, including:
- Git repositories for source control of your code
- Build and release management to support continuous integration and delivery of your apps
- Agile tools to support designing and trailing your work, code defects, and problems different strategies
- A variety of tools to check your apps, as well as manual/exploratory testing, load testing, and continuous testing
- Highly customizable dashboards for sharing progress and trends.
Visual Studio Team Services requires no setup. A user signs in using a Microsoft account to set up an environment, creating projects and adding team members. New features developed in short development cycles are added to the cloud version first.
Team Foundation Server may be a code life-cycle tool designed specifically to boost code development team collaboration and increase productivity. Team Foundation
Server delivers version management, work item following, project management, and build management capabilities.Above all, it focuses on the linkage between the central objects a software code team manages, and on the distinctive integration and automation potentialities
Following are the Steps to work on TFS.
1.Go To Visual Studio ->Team Explorer ->New Team Project (It will redirect to tfs site).
2.On that Give Project Name (as follow).