CodeIgniter is a web application framework, used in a website of PHP.
For building a web application we spend a lot of time in writing the same code again and again. Frameworks provide a starting block and minimize the amount of code needed to build a website.
Application folder contains all the code of application The Application folder contains several other folders, which are below: −
- Cache − This folder contains cached pages of an application. These cached pages increase the overall speed of accessing the pages.
- Config − This folder contains various files to configure the application.
- Controllers − This folder hold controller of application.
- Core − This folder will contain a base class of application.
- Helpers − In this folder, we can put helper class of application.
- Language − This folder contains language related files.
- Libraries − This folder contains files of the libraries developed for an application.
- Logs − This folder contains files related to the log of the system.
- Models − The database login will be placed in this folder.
- Views − Application’s HTML files will be placed in this folder.
This folder contains all the code which is organized in various folders:-
- Core − This folder contains core class. All of our work will take place in the application folder.
- Database − The database folder contains database drivers and database utilities.
- Fonts − The font folder contains font related information and utilities.
- Helpers − The helper's folder contains helpers (such as date, cookie, and URL helpers).